The Finnish Beer Portal
Where to get sahti
----- Outdated! -----
Sahti is a bit hard to find in Finland (still harder elsewhere). You can
buy sahti from some state monopoly liquor shops called Alko.
In Alko shops sahti is regularly available only in sahti area. In Helsinki
there are a couple of Alko shops where sahti can be bought:
- Helsinki Kamppi, Salomonkatu 1
- Helsinki Kannelmäki, Maxi, Kantelettarentie 1
And maybe also:
- Espoo Leppävaara
- Helsinki Puotinharju
- Helsinki Munkkivuori
- Tampere Lielahti
- Tampere Puutarhakatu
- Tampere Koivistonkylä
- Turku Länsikeskus
- Turku Kristiinankatu
- Turku Kurjenmäki
- Vantaa Tammisto
- Vantaa Tikkurila
- Vantaa Myyrmäki
How about pubs?
Pubs are good places to try sahti but very few pubs actually
serve it. Below are couple of pubs that often have sahti available:
- Zetor: Mannerheimintie 3-5, Helsinki (tel. +358 9 666 966)
- Decorated in Finnish country style. Huge place, very crowded
in weekends. Lots of lager but sahti is available all the time.
- St. Urho's Pub, Museokatu 10, Helsinki (tel. +358 9 440 815)
- A nice pub near the center, backside of the National museum.
Serves sahti most of the time. Arranges annual sahti week in spring
starting from the Kalevala day 28. february. Serves also real ale.
Kari Likovuori /
Tekijänoikeus © 2001-2002
Perinteisen Oluen Seura ry.